Real Marketer LLC (“RM”) is a blog and growing marketplace that aims to provide marketers with the information and tools needed to perform their jobs better.
Information We Collect – We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so, for example, to provide our services and/or Products, to communicate with you, or to improve our services and Products. We collect information: if and when you provide information to us; automatically through operating our services; and from outside sources.
- Information You Provide to Us – It’s no surprise that we collect the information that you provide to us. The amount and type of information depends on the context and how we use the information.
- Basic Account Information: We ask for basic information from you in order to set up your account. For example, we require individuals who subscribe to our blog to provide an email address so we can keep you informed of new posts and provide other information to you. To reply to our blog posts you must provide your name and email address. Your email address will not be made public. You can read our blog even if you are not a subscriber.
- Transaction and Billing Information: If you buy a Product from us, such as a form, a template, or a guide for example, you will have to provide additional personal and payment information that is required to process the transaction and your payment, such as your name, credit card information, and other contact information. We do not collect or store your credit card information. Such information is stored and processed by Stripe, Inc., a third-party payment processor.
- Information We Collect Automatically – We also collect some information automatically:
- Log Information: Like most online service providers, we collect non-personally identifiable information such as web browser type, mobile devices, and other information that servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information. We collect log information when you access our Site, post a comment and/or purchase a Product.
- Usage Information: We collect information about your usage of our Site. For example, we collect information about the actions that visitors to the Site perform on the site, like pages visited, time spent, searches performed, etc. together with information about your device (e.g., screen size, name of cellular network, and mobile device manufacturer). We use this information to get insights on how people use our Site so we can make improvements to the site.
- Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Site from certain geographic regions.
- Information We Collect from Other Sources: We may get information, such as a mailing address, from third party services about individuals who are not yet our users (…but we hope will be!), which we may use, for example, for marketing and advertising purposes like postcards and other mailers advertising our services.
How And Why We Use Information– We use information about you as mentioned above and for the purposes listed below:
- To further develop and improve our Products and services – for example by adding new features that we think our users will enjoy;
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our Site, which helps us improve the Site and make it easier to use;
- To measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of any advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition–for example, we may analyze how many of our Site visitors purchased a Product after visiting our Site;
- To monitor and prevent any problems with our Site, protect the security of the Site and to detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities; and
- To communicate with you, for example through an email, about our offers and promotions and those of our partners we think will be of interest to you, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on RM and our products.
Legal Bases for Collecting and Using Information – If you are in the EU, please note that we are processing information about you because:
- The use is necessary in order to administer your account–for example, in order to enable you to “Leave A Reply” to our posts and to enable you to purchase our Products; or
- The use is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation; or
- The use is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of another person; or
Sharing Information– We do not sell our users’ private personal information. We share information about you under the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- As the Site is hosted by WordPress / Automattic, your information is automatically shared with Automattic and processed and used in accordance with Automattic’s Privacy Notice for Visitors to Our Users’ Siteswhich we suggest you read.
- Third Party Vendors: We may share information about you with third party vendors who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us, or to provide their services to you. This group includes vendors that help us provide our Site to you (like Automattic and payment providers that process your credit and debit card information, fraud prevention services that allow us to analyze fraudulent payment transactions, email delivery services that help us stay in touch with you, customer chat and email support services that help us communicate with you, those that help us understand and enhance our Site (like analytics providers) We require vendors to agree to privacy commitments in order to share information with them.
- Legal Requests: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
- To Protect Rights, Property, and Others: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect our property or rights, or those of third parties, or the public at large. For example, if we have a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, we may disclose information related to the emergency without delay.
- With Your Consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction.
- Aggregated or De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our Site.
- Information Shared Publicly: Information that you choose to make public is disclosed publicly. That means, of course, that information like your public profile, posts, other content that you make public on our Site, your “Likes” and comments on the Site, are all available to others.
How Long We Keep Information– We generally discard information about you when we no longer need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it–which are described above – provided that and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we keep the web server logs that record information about a visitors to our Site, such as the visitor’s IP address, browser type, and operating system, for approximately 45 days. We retain the logs for this period of time in order to, among other things, analyze traffic to our Site and to investigate technical issues if something goes wrong on the Site. After the 45 days are up, the deleted content may remain on WordPress’ backups and caches until purged by them.
Security – While no online service is 100% secure, we work hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures, including carefully choosing our hosting partners.
Choices – You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Limit the Information that You Provide: When you visit our Site, you can choose not to provide optional information, profile information or transaction and billing information. Please keep in mind that if you do not provide this information, certain features of our Site, like the ability to order Products will not be accessible.
- Opt-Out of Electronic Communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us. Just follow the instructions in those messages. If you opt out of promotional messages, we may still send you other messages, like those about your account and legal notices.
- Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies: At this time, our service provider, Automattic does not respond to “do not track” signals across all of its services. However, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using the Site. This may result in certain features of the Site not functioning properly or at all.
Your Rights – If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (a/k/a the “GDPR”), data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, if your data subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to: Request access to your personal data; Request correction or deletion of your personal data; Object to our use and processing of your personal data; Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and Request portability of your personal data.
- You can usually access, correct, or delete your personal data using your account settings and tools that we offer, but if you aren’t able to do that, or you would like to contact us about one of the other rights, scroll down to How to Reach Us to find out how to reach us. EU individuals also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
Controllers and Responsible Companies– RM is the controller or co-controller with WordPress /Automattic. Different Automattic companies are the controller (or co-controller) of personal information, which means that they are the company responsible for processing that information, based on the particular service and the location of the individual using our Site.
COPPA Compliance– Our Site is not intended for use by children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 and believe he or she has disclosed personally identifiable information to us please contact us at email@example.com A parent or guardian of a child under age 13 may review and request deletion of the child’s personal information.
California Privacy Rights – Residents of California may request a list of third parties to which certain personal information (as defined by applicable California law) was disclosed by us during the preceding year for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and want such a list, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For all requests, you must put the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the body of your request, as well as your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. In your request, you need to attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide your current California address.
Other Things You Should Know
That’s all for now.